Chamber of Commerce
sign board, located on Hwy 92
GSVKC Responsible Dog Ownership (RDO) Program
GSVKC is an ardent supporter of the AKC Responsible Dog Ownership tenents and strives to help dog owners raise happy, healthy dogs through a better understanding of the responsibility and long-term emotional and financial oommitment to pet ownership.
GSVKC is available to provide presentations to civic and educational entities on RDO. Please contact us for this service. For your convenience, the Club also has AKC information/education pamphlets at the local locations listed below. Also check the link for AKC Public Information for downloadable educational pamphlets.
- Animal Watchers & More, Huachuca City
- Chamber of Commerce, SV
- Coronado Veterinary Hospital, SV
- Goin' to Grandma's, Sierra Vista (Hereford)
- Nancy J. Brua Animal Care Center, SV
- New Frontier Animal Medical Center, SV
- Oscar Yrun Community Center, SV
- Sierra Vista Public Library (Lobby)
- VCA Apache Animal Hospital, SV
pamphlets travel to events
- Fresh water
- Nutritious food
- Health care
- Proper identification
- Plenty of exercise
- Bathing and grooming
- Playtime and attention
- Lots of love!
As a dog owner, I promise:
- I will never overlook my responsibilities for this living being and recognize that my dog's welfare is totally dependent on me.
- I will always provide fresh water and quality food for my dog.
- I will socialize my dog via exposure to new people, places and other dogs.
- I will take pride in my dog's appearance with regular grooming.
- I will recognize the necessity of basic training by teaching my dog to reliably sit, stay and come when called.
- I will take my dog to the vet regularly and keep all vaccinations current.
- I will pick-up and properly dispose of my dog's waste.
I will make sure my dog is regarded as an AKC Canine Good Citizen by being aware of my responsibilities to my neighbors and to the community.
- I will ensure that the proper amount of exercise and mental stimulation appropriate for my dog's age, breed and energy level is provided.
- I will ensure that my dog has some form of identification (which may include collar tags, tattoo or microchip ID).
- I will adhere to local leash laws.